Choosing a Table
SQLManager displays the servers you are logged on to, the databases available for each server, the owners of each object, the objects available within each owner, and the fields within each object. Before you can run a query, you must select an object with SQLManager.
To Select a Database and Table
- From any MarketWide program, click the SQLManager ( ) button on the toolbar or choose Query > SQLManager from the menu.
- Double-click on the name of the server, then the database, and then the table owner to expand each of these items.
- Highlight the table you want to use in the left pane of SQLManager. A list of fields displays in the right pane.
- After choosing a table, click OK.
Viewing Table Contents
Viewing table contents is easy and fast. With one mouse click, SQLManager opens QueryBuilder, which displays the contents of any table.
Viewing Table Contents
- In either the right or left pane of SQLManager, highlight a table.
- Click View Table ( ) or select View > View Table from the menu.
- You can also use the up and down arrows on the keyboard to select objects in SQLManager and the <Enter> key to expand selected objects. Additionally, rather than clicking OK, you may right click on the table to choose the query application that best suits your needs.
- You can use the Cancel button to exit SQLManager without selecting a table.
The SQLManager Options Dialog Box
The right pane of SQLManager displays detailed field information in selected table cells. You can choose which columns to display using the Field Options feature.
To Edit Field Options
- Select Tools > Display Options from the menu.
- In the SQLManager Display Options dialog, click the check-boxes to select the columns you wish to view or remove the check mark to hide a column from view.
- Click OK to confirm your changes.
MarketWide uses a standard print dialog to print query output. From the print dialog, you can access the Page Setup options.
When printing QueryBuilder output, you can customize the format and settings of your output to enhance your reports. Adjusting scaling, changing fonts, adding dates, and margins, gives an abundance of presentation options.
Access the Page Setup dialog by clicking on File > Print from the menu in the QueryBuilder output, and then clicking File > Page Setup from the print preview page. .
There are four main sections in the Page Setup dialog: Paper, Margins, and Orientation.
- Paper – In the Paper dialog, you can select the paper type and source.
- Margins in Inches– In the Margins dialog, you can adjust page margins. A preview is displayed in the preview pane.
- Orientation – The Orientation dialog allows you to choose either Portrait (vertical) or Landscape (horizontal) orientation. Landscape is particularly useful for wide report outputs.